CONTINUOUS INSULATION SHOULD BE
SIMPLE TO DESIGN + EASY TO INSTALL
ATTACH VIRTUALLY ANY CLADDING OR FINISH OVER CODE COMPLIANT CONTINUOUS INSULATION.
The Knight CI® System provides outstanding thermal performance by way of true CI (continuous insulation), while accommodating nearly any façade or cladding system – providing maximum versatility and durability, with ease of design and installation.
The CI System uses unique ¾” deep vertical box girts – called CI-Girts® – designed to properly disburse the façade loads over exterior rigid insulation – with only unique thermally isolated fasteners penetrating the thermal barrier thus minimizing thermal bridging.
For basic, cost-effective horizontal claddings, only a single layer of CI-Girts may be needed. For more complex cladding designs or types, choose from a wide variety of Knight Wall secondary rails for those panels requiring specific attachment points.
CI System components are produced in standard and custom lengths, in either 16- or 18-gauge Zn-Al-Mg coated steel (standard silver or black PVDF coated) and also available in stainless steel.
This easy to design and even easier to install, engineered drop-in system solution will provide any project with design versatility while still meeting or exceeding North American energy code requirements.
The CI System attachment completes the rainscreen envelope design, whether choosing metal panels, lap siding, aluminum composite material (ACM) panels, terra cotta, GFRC, or many more. And choose any brand of insulation meeting minimum compressive strength and code requirements, simplifying design specifications.
ADVANTAGES TO THE KNIGHT CI® SYSTEM RAINSCREEN:
- Vertical CI-Girt® can be spaced 16″, 24″ or 32” O.C. (every other stud)*
- Support cladding weighing up to 20 PSF*, unlike many other attachments
- Real labor savings – no notching or cutting of exterior rigid board insulation required like with Z-girts, brackets or clips
- Thermally isolated fasteners with specially designed ThermaStop washers come preassembled
- Highly corrosive-resistant Zn-Al-Mg ZM40 (ASTM A1046) coated steel provides a long service life vs. typical G90 Galvanized steel
- Black PVDF finish or stainless steel options available, competitively priced
- Easily installed over any type of substrate – steels studs, wood studs, CMU, concrete, even brick
- Engineering calculations provide design load compliance for each specific project
- Attach nearly any type of cladding – supplied by any manufacturer – with easy and efficient detailing and installation
- Use of any manufacturer’s insulation meeting minimum compressive strength and other code requirements
- Attach cladding directly to vertical CI-Girt or add optional KWS horizontal rails (such as PanelRail)
- Excellent ventilation with a 3/4-inch minimum continuous rainscreen cavity
- Pre-engineered and 3rd party tested for proven performance, reliability and durability
- Competitive, budget conscious assembly that meets ASHRAE 90.1 standard
- Complete, drop-in rainscreen attachment system – girts, thermally isolated fasteners, rails and engineering – one source liability for the whole system
- Limited labor and material warranty
View our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for more information.