KNIGHT WALL SYSTEMS+COMFORTBOARD™ 110:
The Industry’s First Engineered True Continuous Insulation Rainscreen System with Stone Wool
High-Density Stone Wool Insulation with Knight’s CI® System and HCI™ System Delivers Sustainable, Fire- and Moisture-Resistant Rainscreen Technology that Nearly Eliminates Thermal Bridging
High-density stone wool insulation, such as COMFORTBOARD™ 110, may now be used as a true continuous insulation rainscreen solution with Knight’s CI® System and HCI™ System, offering superior fire resistance, vapor permeability and sustainability.
Both the Knight CI System and HCI System provide outstanding thermal performance by way of true CI (no penetrations through the insulation except fasteners), while accommodating nearly any façade or cladding system up to 15 lbs. per square foot, providing maximum versatility and durability with ease of design and installation.
The CI System uses unique 3/4” deep vertical box girts, called CI-Girts™; and the HCI System uses unique 3/4” deep horizontal girts. Both are designed to properly disburse the façade loads over exterior stone wool board insulation, with only unique thermally isolated fasteners penetrating the thermal barrier, thus minimizing thermal bridging.
WHY USE KNIGHTS CI SYSTEM AND HCI SYSTEM WITH HIGH-DENSITY STONE WOOL:
- Seamlessly installs with panels and finishes of all types – including 3-coat stucco, single skin metal panels, fiber cement, etc.
- Fully non-combustible assembly – insulation + attachment
- Used with high-density stone wool, such as Rockwool COMFORTBOARD 110 – up to 4″ thick
- Retains up to 98% of the insulation’s nominal R-Value
- Real labor savings – no notching or cutting of exterior insulation required like with Z girts, brackets or clips
- CI-Girts can be spaced 16″, 24″ or 32″ OC (every other stud)*
- HCI-Girts can be spaced up to 48″ OC*
- Support claddings weighing up to 15 PSF*
- Highly corrosive-resistant Zn-Al-Mg ZM40 (ASTM A1046) coated steel provides a long service life vs. typical G90 Galvanized steel
Knight’s CI® System and HCI™ System may also be used with rigid foam insulation applications as they always have since 2011.
View our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for more information.