Knight’s support systems work with a variety of fiber cement, GFRC and UHPC panel and siding options. Lap siding, board and batt assemblies, open-joint, face fastened, concealed fastend, clip systems and trim systems have all been successfully used with Knight’s systems.
Panel attachment is accomplished and detailed just as the panels would typically be installed with Z-girts and hat channels, however without the thermal shorts in the exterior insulation, the hassle of engineering a durable & sufficient attachment method and costly installation labor of trimming the insulation around girt’s and bulky thick clips.
How to Use a Knight Attachment System with Fiber Cement Panels or Siding:
- Lap Siding: Installed over a vertical framing only with any of our systems.
- Board & Batt Systems: Installed over vertical framing only with any of our systems.
- Face Fastened Panel Systems: Installed over horizontal framing + Vertical PanelRail. Vertical PanelRail layout/spacing mirrors panel fastening pattern.
- Concealed Fastener Systems: Installed with vertical framing and used with concealed fastening system horizontal rails by others.
- Shiplap Panels with Concealed Clip Systems (i.e. Nichiha): For horizontal oriented panels – install over vertical framing at 16″ OC; For vertical oriented panels – install over horizontal framing + vertical PanelRail spaced at the panel module dimension.
All guidance provided above assumes typical installation applications in which KWS has observed to be the most common methods. Every project is different and may require an atypical approach.
Popular Brands of Fiber Cement & GFRC/UHPC Include:
- SVK Panels
- TAKTL™ Panels
- James Hardie™ Panels and Siding
- Nichiha® Panels and Siding
- SWISSPEARL® Fiber Cement Panels
- oko Skin™ Panels
- Fibre C™ Panels
- SILBONIT™ Panels
- EQUITONE Panels
- CERACLAD Panels