Knight’s panel attachment systems works with a variety of fiber cement panel and siding options. Lap siding, board and batt assemblies, open-joint, face fastened, concealed fastend, clip systems and trim systems have all been sucessfully used with Knight’s facade attachment systems.
Panel attachment is accomplished and detailed just as the panels would typically be installed with Z-girts and hat channels, however without the thermal shorts in the exterior insulation, the hassle of engineering a durable & sufficient attachment method and costly installation labor of trimming the insulation around girt’s and bulky thick clips.
KNIGHT WALL SYSTEMS DOES NOT SUPPLY ANY CLADDING PANELS.
How to Use a Knight Attachment System with Fiber Cement Panels or Siding:
- Lap Siding: Typically installed over CI-Girt vertical framing only – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation.
- Board & Batt Systems: Typically installed over CI-Girt vertical framing only – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation.
- Panel Systems: Typically installed over HCI-Girt horizontal framing + Vertical PanelRail – or MFI-System in a horizontal or vertical orientation + PanelRail in a vertical or horizontal orientation respectively.
- Concealed Fastener Systems: Typically installed with CI-Girt vertical framing – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation, and used with concealed fastening system rails by others.
A few projects KWS has been used with fiber cement panels or siding:
- Hormel Nature Center – Austin, MN
- Midtown Park Apartments – Wilmington, DE
- Pop Francis High School – Springfield, MA
- Westwood Fire Station – Westwood, MA
- Central Carolina Community College; Vet Tech Building – Sanford, NC
- Woodbourne Library – Centerville, OH
- Living Word Church – Red Lion, PA
- UMass Memorial Health Care Ambulatory Surgery Center – Shrewsbury, MA
- Browns Point Elementary School – Tacoma, WA
- Waddell Elementary – Manchester, CT
- Gunnison Valley Health Senior Care Center – Gunnison, CO
- Community Health Center Technology and Knowledge Center – Middletown, CT
- Hilton Garden Inn – East Boston, MA
- Cocalico High School – Borough of Denver, PA
- Canopy by Hilton – Ithaca, NY
- Laurel Grove Apartments – San Jose, CA
- University of California; Stiles Hall – Berkeley, CA