Custom parts and fabrication: A Knight Wall advantage.
Hard-to-find custom components can be made to fit a wide variety of wall depths and cladding applications.
Unlike many other rainscreen suppliers, Knight Wall Systems has the ability to make custom profiles and brackets in-house. As with anything, there are limitations, but we have many, many, options within the range of possibilities. All custom parts are made of the same high strength, highly corrosion-resistant, steel used in all KWS standard products to ensure longevity.
We offer custom parts and fabrication to provide market-driven solutions, like deeper wall assemblies and unique geometry on building facades. The use of custom parts can also be a solution to strengthen a façade support system to accommodate an even wider array of panel types and finishes.
For example, the HD ThermaBracket. This is essentially a slightly larger version of our standard ThermaBracket but has higher load capacity and can also achieve greater depths for the wall assembly.
Knight can design and fabricate a completely custom profile, but we can also simply modify an existing standard profile to meet a project’s specific needs, which we have found to be the most common and in-demand application. At times, custom parts can help achieve a look or solve a problem at a lower cost versus attempting to “build-out” a wall using multiple standard parts.
All Knight custom parts can be incorporated into our engineered design so they can be covered under our 10-year limited warranty.
- Buy as standalone component only or in a fully engineered system, including fasteners and 10-year warranty
- Corrosion resistant ZAM-coated – 18 gauge, 16 gauge or 14 gauge – or stainless steel
- Hard-to-find black PVDF-coated for open joint claddings (18 gauge) – or standard mill finish
- Custom shapes – Z profile / L profile / C profile / hat profile / girts / rails / brackets / clips
- Custom lengths – 40″ to 120″ – reduce job site cutting and speed-up installation
- Custom depths and widths and lengths are available for most popular standard Knight Wall components
- Fully punched for easy installation and proper rainscreen drainage – or no punches
- Four-week lead time for most shapes
- Shipped in reinforced wood crates