Knight’s variety of rain screen attachment systems can easily accommodate any type of metal panel cladding, providing an elegant, durable façade suitable for virtually any application. Metal panels constructed of single-skin prefinished aluminum and steel, Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) and other natural metals attach seamlessly to Knight’s durable and cost effective mounting systems.
In many instances, Knight’s framing systems can be configured in such a way where the cost is highly competitive or less cost than conventional framing such as Z-girts.
Panel attachment is accomplished and detailed just as the panels would typically be installed with Z-girts and hat channels, however without the thermal loss and costly installation labor of trimming the insulation around girt’s and bulky thick clips.
Knight’s systems will only help to achieve brilliant designs, not hinder the desired look and may in fact be used to add extra depth (literally and figuratively).
KNIGHT WALL SYSTEMS DOES NOT SUPPLY ANY CLADDING PANELS.
How to Use a Knight Attachment System with a Metal Panel System:
- Dry-joint, single-skin, break form, interlocking metal panels (i.e. Dri-Design, etc.): Typically installed over CI-Girt vertical framing or HCI-Girt horizontal framing – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation + horizontal PanelRail
- ACM Panels, route and return systems (dry or wet): Typically installed over CI-Girt vertical framing @ 16″ O.C. or HCI-Girts at horizontal panel joints – or installed directly to the MFI-System in a vertical or horizontal orientation.
- Horizontal oriented single-skin panels, long length and typically 12″-16″ tall: Typically installed directly to vertical CI-Girt – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation. Spacing can be as much as 36″-48″ O.C. in many scenarios.
- Horizontal oriented roll formed, corrugated and box rib type panels: Typically installed directly to vertical CI-Girt – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation. Spacing can be as much as 36″-48″ O.C. in many scenarios.
- Vertically oriented roll formed, corrugated and box rib type panels: Typically installed over HCI-Girt – or installed directly to the MFI-System in a horizontal orientation. Spacing can be as much as 36″-48″ O.C. in many scenarios.
- Flatlock panels: Typically requires a solid back-up substrate (i.e. plywood, etc). Therefore solid back-up substrate may be attached directly to vertical CI-Girt – or MFI-System in a vertical orientation.
- Open Joint, exposed fastener, plate panels: Typically installed over CI-Girt vertical framing, HCI-Girt horizontal framing or HCI-Girt + vertical PanelRail (dependent upon panel size and layout) – or to the MFI-System in a horizontal orientation + vertically oriented PanelRail.
- Panels can be easily installed in a “running bond”, “grid” pattern or nearly any custom pattern desired on the same mounting system for labor savings!
* Please consult a metal panel manufacture for installation and design requirements for specific panels. Attachment examples above are typical and may not be applicable to your project depending on exact panel used, orientation and layout. Please contact KWS for more information.